There are many Real Estate opportunities at Smith Mountain Lake during the months of November and December. Check out these “Five Great Things About Homeownership” for buyers courtesy of Realty Times.
1. Equity: While buying a home may come with some hefty initial costs you will make that money back over time with equity built in the home. Historically, homes appreciate by about 4 to 6 percent a year. Homeownership is about building long-term wealth.
2. Predictability: Provided you have a fixed-rate term on your mortgage it’s predictable. This means your payment amount is fixed for the life of the term. If your mortgage payment is $500 today, then it will still be $500 a month in 10 years. This allows for people to budget and make solid financial plans.
3. Ownership: Homeownership means you “own” your home and with that come some incredible perks. You can renovate, update, paint, and decorate to your heart’s desire. The bottom line is this is your home and you can personalize it to your taste.
4. Great Deals: It’s a great time to buy. Interest rates are at historic lows and homes are more affordable than ever. This means big savings for today’s buyers. If you have steady income and cash for a down payment, contact a Prudential Waterfront Properties REALTOR about what homes in the Smith Mountain Lake area could be a fit for you.
5. Relationships: Homeowners have yards, walking trails, or community pools and clubhouses where they can get to know each other. Neighbors who own their homes stay put much longer than those who rent which means more time to develop relationships. Research has shown that people with healthy relationships have more happiness and less stress.
In the spirit of the season, take advantage of the joys of Smith Mountain Lake homeownership! Visit www.SmithMtnLake.com to check out the latest properties available.