Thanksgiving is the time of year for getting together with family and friends, sharing good food, making happy memories, and kicking back to watch a football game or two. It’s a time when we set aside the concerns of everyday life that weigh heavy on our minds. It is also of course a time for counting our blessings and giving thanks for what we do have. Among the many things that Prudential Waterfront Properties and The Willard Companies are thankful for is the opportunity to work here at beautiful Smith Mountain Lake!
This being the week of Thanksgiving, we compiled a collection of inspirational—and some humorous—quotes commemorating the holiday.
- “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.”—Elbert Hubbard
- “Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t.” –Author Unknown
- “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”—Albert Pine
- “You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.”—Jay Leno
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”—Melody Beattie
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”—William Arthur Ward
- “An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.”—Irv Kupcine
- “Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.”–Author Unknown
- “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.”—Sam Lefkowitz
- “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.”—Northrup Christiane
You don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving to be thankful. Be thankful everyday and see what new wonders your ‘attitude of gratitude’ will open up for you. Take time to appreciate the ones you hold close to your heart. Thank those who have made a difference in your life as doing so will surely make a difference in theirs. (See how by clicking on the link below.) On behalf of our companies, we wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving and a Holiday Season filled with love and laughter.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!