This fall, in the shadow of the incomparable Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, along the shores of beautiful Smith Mountain Lake, eight lovely, elegant homes with unique architectural designs, creative interior decorating, spectacular scenic views, unusual collections and antiques, and finely manicured landscaping, will open their doors for you and other visitors to enjoy this weekend on October 7, 8, 9.
The tour may be taken by either (private or rented) car or (private or rented) boat. By land or by water, your day will be memorable. Directions are provided on the following links:
- Click here for Directions to the Homes by Land
- Click here for Directions to the Homes by Water
Or you may enjoy some of the Tour during a Special Home Tour Luncheon Cruise aboard SML’s Virginia Dare sightseeing ‘Paddle-Wheeler’ on Sunday, 2-4 P.M. — Hear Home Tour background presentation and view several homes from the water. $37 for Tour ticket holders. Please click here to visit their website and for more details.
Learn more about the Tour in the following guide, video and TV News Special:
- Please click here to view the Home Tour Guide, which also provides directions to each home by land and water .
- Please click here to view a video about the SML Charity Home Tour
- Please note that Fox 21/27 news at 10 PM on Wed., Oct. 5 will show Becky Freemal’s Out and About segment, filmed at the Trotter home with the Homeonwers, Bill Piatt and SML Good Neighbors interviewed.
TOUR DATES 2011
|Operates Rain or Shine|
|Friday||October 7, 2011||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Saturday||October 8, 2011||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Sunday||October 9, 2011||1PM to 5 PM|
Homes are not handicap accessible. No children under 12 years of age, no babies in arms or carriers. The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) all volunteer organization with funds distributed to selected local charities.
Please visit the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce Web Site (http://www.visitsmithmountainlake.com/) for more information on SML. They also offer a free SML Guide.